The purpose of the Architect Home Tour is to raise awareness of the role of an architect in the design or redesign of a home. This year’s Home Tour features two newly constructed homes and three homes that include renovations and/or additions.
The three renovated properties showcase exciting transformations, geared toward the owner’s specific needs. Each proves the value of an architect’s vision of what a home can be when combined with the understanding and respect of what a home once was.
The two newly constructed homes serve as examples of dwellings that embody the spirit of their homeowners. The connection between an owner and their space when thoughtfully designed by an architect is unmistakable.
In the homes open for this year’s tour, you will find a diverse range of styles and enhanced functionality. In newly constructed homes, as with renovations, you will discover that an understanding of history and tradition allows an architect to complete a fulfilling design directly suited to the wants and needs of the client. The AFN and AIA Lincoln invite you to tour each of these unique and innovative homes and to discover the possibilities afforded to those seeking an architect-designed home.
Tour will be held regardless of weather conditions.
- Due to high traffic of the Home Tour, some architect/homeowners may request that visitors remove their shoes before entering the homes.
- Photography inside the Tour homes is strictly prohibited.
- Homes are not ADA accessible.
- No food or drinks are to be taken into the Tour homes. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Tour homes.
- Respect the privacy of each architect/homeowner please do not enter closets or rooms where doors are closed. Please do not open cabinets, drawers, or refigerators.
- Please be courteous to the neighbors of the Tour homes do not block their driveways, walk on their lawns, or litter.
- Please be mindful that the Tour homes are all occupied residences that may have fragile furnishings. We suggest not bringing children less than 10 years of age on the Home Tour.
- Architect/homeowners and the Home Tour coordinators reserve the right to refuse entry to the Home Tour.
- All Tour homes will close promptly at 4:30PM.